If you’re new here, and feeling shy, I’ll tell you how it works…
– Come up with a new name for the Monday Muse feature. Every week I post music and a quote in order to inspire writers and anyone else who needs a creative boost. I can’t keep using the Monday Muse because it turns out someone already got that name first. You come up with something brilliant and catchy to replace it.
– Comment below with your brilliant and catchy new title. Or post it on Twitter with the hashtag #greatestcontestintheworld
– Tell everybody in the world about this contest
– Check back here on August 1. That’s a week from now. I’ll pick the winner then.
– The winner gets a shout-out he/she will never forget.
– The winner also gets a PDF of an exclusive excerpt from The Kingdom: The Quest, never before released.
Come on. You know you want to do it. Eventually, you’re going to give in and think of something. I can hear your imagination roaring to life. Go for it!
In the meantime, I’m still posting songs and quotes to stoke your creativity. As if you need any help.
SONG OF THE WEEK…
“The Switch and The Spur” by the Raconteurs
Warning: if you press play, this song is going to shove itself into your head and haunt you for weeks to come. The music is catchy and chilling. The songwriting, even more so. “Any poor souls who trespass against us / Whether it be beast or man…”
“Theme Song” from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Yes. I’m writing an epic fantasy. But that doesn’t mean I can’t find inspiration from western soundtracks. Especially this one. A raw, pulsing, piercing piece of music that will make you squint like Clint Eastwood for the rest of the day.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK…
“You see, in this world, there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.”